Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Conservative Democrat to run for Alabama Supreme Court seat

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/ reports that Russell County Circuit Court Judge Albert Johnson will be a Democratic candidate for the Alabama Supreme Court in 2006. As a judge on the District and Circuit Court benches in Russell County since 1984, Johnson said he has considered a Court bid in past years after receiving enouragement to do so from friends and colleagues.
He'll run as a proud Democrat in a state now dominated by GOP office holders, including an all-Republican Supreme Court, he said, because he's going to define what an Alabama Democrat rather than being defined by his opposition.
"I'm going to get a bumper sticker that says: 'I'm a Christian. I own a gun. I'm a Democrat,' " Johnson said. I'm going to remind most of the voters that their granddaddy was a Democrat, and there was nothing wrong with his values," he said.

No comments: